Thursday, August 31, 2006

No rest for the wicked...

...so I must be very wicked indeed. The semester has started off smashingly, and I'm excited by the new classes which seem to have gone well for their first meetings.

But no time to contemplate, because in just a few hours, I'll be starting my journey to the Telluride Film Festival, where suddenly I have new duties as a Ringmaster (which is a fancy way of saying that I'll be a combination emcee-moderator, and that I won't be wearing as many long sleeve t-shirts this time around). This may cut into my ability to watch many films even more than usual, but I'm also thrilled and honored at the opportunity. Although I'm not bringing my computer (nor any liquids or gels, of course), I will blog when I can about the festival.

In the meantime, we'll see whether my tea bags for coca tea -- to help with altitude adjustment, left over from my experiences in Cuzco -- will make it in my check-in luggage.

No comments: