Before putting up Xan posts, I'll start with a quick "life with Jeff" vignette. Specifically, a list of ways to tell that Dr. Middents is in grading mode:
1. The amount of hair product is drastically reduced and instead he controls the poof of his hair with a baseball cap.
2. When I wake up in the wee hours of the morning, he is asleep on the couch / dining room table / floor with a pile of papers on his chest.
3. His futile dialogues with the cat feature lines such as "Vega, would you give this a B or a B+?"
4. He reaches for his 25-pound dictionary, muttering "Oooooh, I absolutely do NOT think that word means what you think it means."
5. He cannot tell you how many papers he has left; he lists how many stacks of papers he has left (4 stacks now - 4 more to come by Thanksgiving)
6. He drinks coffee. Sometimes starting at 10pm. The man almost never drinks coffee.
7. His generally amicable TA says "You're STILL not done?"
8. He begins to sport a grading callous on his right pointer finger.
9. He tries to get his 2-1/2-year-old son to help grade, again.
10. He doesn't blog.
Yet this amazing man will still take Xan around campus to trick-or-treat and bring him to family orchestra concerts (posts and photos coming) - and even do dishes!
Anyone have any advice for Jeff as he grades?