Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday Whyning 2 (now with added mooning!)

It has been hot around here. Like good American consumers that we are, we bought a cheap inflatable swimming pool (made in China, natch) for all of us to cool off with in the backyard. Last week, Xan had returned from school, only to remove all his clothes to throw himself with wild abandon into the pool. We are, needless to say, not exactly the most modest of families.

I had been cooking, realized the rest of the family was home, and went outside to say hello. This included a trip to the aforementioned pool.

"Daddy, I want you to take off your clothes and come into the pool."

Hm. Yes. Well. I did say the whole family is like this, and back in the day when it was hot and Xan and I stayed home together (before school), there were many celebrations of Naked Boy Day. (I used to have a posting about this, but I have no idea where it went...) "I'm sorry, Xan, I'm cooking. I can't take off my clothes and come into the pool right now."

"Why can't you take off your clothes and come into the pool?"

I decided to tell him the truth. "Because there are laws against Dada taking his clothes off outside where the neighbors can see him."

Oddly enough, he accepted that idea.

No comments: