Saturday, September 15, 2007

I (do not) win

I would like to announce that I officially introduced my son to the world of board games today. I have always loved board games, ever since I was a little kid -- virtually any board game will get me going. I have blogged before on the usual game played in out house among the adults, but I saw a really neat version of a good game at the mall today that was markdown-priced and thought, It's time to induct the new generation into another passion of mine.

What I was not expecting was that I would get my ass completely beaten to a bloody pulp.

Yes, it's true. I have not lost in any game by such a large margin in a very long time. And it's not like I was trying to play badly so that my son would be bolstered by a win. No, by sheer luck, my game piece was barely past the opening while my son crossed over the finish line. It wasn't even close. I was crushed like a bug.

Indeed, it may take a little while for me to recover to play Candyland again.

2 comments:

Middento said...

Speaking of not winning, is it perverse of me to now care (as I giggle) about the upcoming Michigan-Notre Dame game, only because it promises to suck royally? Tee hee!

Anonymous said...

Do you have the bilingual Scrabble?

Notre Dame has made me so, so happy this month, words cannot describe...

-Pajaro