Some thoughts on today's events:
- This family needs to listen to more Aaron Copeland. Because, well, he just rocks.
- This family needs not to listen to the Beach Boys. Because, well, they rock, but badly now. Poor guys, their voices just can't quite hit those notes anymore.
- Steel drum bands also rock. There were two in this year's parade. (Xan slept through both of them while in the Bjorn. Sigh.)
- Politicians no longer kiss babies. This, despite me running after one at the parade screaming, "KISS MY BABY!!!" Then again, maybe that's why he got nervous. We'll try again next year, particularly since it's an election year.
- "Monkery" is a great seven-letter word. 101 points in one turn.
- Trader Joe's blue cheese fries... mmm... (Oh wait, already said that. They are that good.)
So there you go! T-minus 24 days until my other Independence Day (and T-minus 26 days until the corresponding food fest!!)