- Babies will cry differently for different reasons.
- When they begin to move, they will explore everything, everywhere, particularly the places where they're not supposed to go.
- Babies will scrupulously examine everything on the floor, often putting it in their mouths.
- Babies want attention at all times.
- ...except when they don't want attention, or have had too much.
- Babies are apparently fascinated by ceiling fans.
- In order to cut a baby's fingernails, one wraps him in a big towel so he doesn't squirm too much.
- Babies eat only one thing for a long, long time and eat on a regular schedule. If you diverge from the schedule, they will complain.
Angela and I noted that all of this we've learned already from having a cat. We though Vega was good training for having a teenager. Had no idea she was also good for infants. A major difference: babies are apparently soothed by the whooshing sound of the vacuum cleaner; Vega, on the other hand, hides under the bed for hours on end the second she sees it emerge.