Wednesday, January 10, 2007

One step closer to ownership

The following transcript simulates an actual phone conversation had just a few days ago:

"Thank you for calling Direct Loans Customer Service. How may I help you?"

"Yes, hi. I'm calling because I just got a notice that my automatic debiting for my college loan has been discontinued. I haven't discontinued it, so I wanted to know why automatic debiting has been canceled."

"Hold on, sir, let me check."

Lum dee dum dee dum.

"Thank you for holding, sir. It appears that you have just finished paying off the loan."

!

"Really?!"

"Yes, sir. Your account balance is at zero."

"Is it appropriate to do a little dance now?"

"Go right ahead, sir."

2 comments:

Mark said...

In Napoleon Dynamite Voice

*LUCKY*

Anonymous said...

Don't be too jealous, McN, this is just one of several school loans!

My second favorite part of this, after having a few more $ to put toward other debts, is that the letter in no way mentioned that the balance was 0 or that the loan had been paid in full.