Thursday, May 12, 2005

But Arthur Dent said....

As the evening closes, a sense of mild panic has started to settle in with me. Angela goes back to work on Monday and I suggested that tomorrow be a dry run with Angela "going to work" in the basement for nine hours or so, leaving us to fend for ourselves upstairs. As we realized this evening that our regular sleep arrangements (where Ange sleeps 10pm-4am and I am bed-bound from 4am-10am) won't really work if she's supposed to be out the door at 7am, it started to dawn on me that, while I'm down with the whole stay-at-home dad thing for the summer (primo bonding time!!), I'm also a wee bit nervous. Can I handle it? Will I go insane? Will Xan survive? Who will be sucking on the binky more to remain calm?

Tune in tomorrow, where I hopefully will tell how it all went...

No comments: