Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmastime is here

We interrupt this grading session to report that...

THE CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS SPECIAL IS PLAYING ON TV RIGHT NOW!!

I realize I'm old-fashioned in this day and age of TiVo and everything-televised-on-DVD, but there's something special about catching this on television. It's just so neat.

If he weren't asleep, I would be waking up the boy. Then again, I still have to wait a few years until he can learn the Snoopy Dance. (And then, he can be like that other Xander. Not to mention me, since I do a mean Snoopy Dance.)

Speaking of this Christmas special, I discovered just now that Jody Watley has a version of the tune from this special that makes it sound very... well, let's just say it's a version that makes you want to snuggle at the fireplace.

(Hee hee, Lucy just said the "big Eastern syndicate" line, a metafictional dig at the world of comic strips. Have I mentioned I love the Vince Guaraldi Trio? Yay.)

1 comment:

Kelly Norton said...

I'm sorry to stalk you by contacting you about class on your blog, but you said that you wouldn't be checking your email until you finished the grades, and I sent you an email saying I completely forgot to hand in my notes from the health center. So if you could please please read that email, it's the one with the title all in caps that says urgent read before submitting grades, or something like that. Thank you.