Monday, April 10, 2006

I'd like to thank the Academy...

...because I just won an award! And I'm so proud! *sniff!*

OK, so it's not a real award. I have been declared Reader of the Day at Where's My Cape? because, well, I'm the only person to consistently post a comment. Go check this new blog out because, not only does she write well and you can see great pictures of one of Xan's little friends but -- in this same entry I get mentioned -- you will find that just because we occasionally allow our son to eat things like dirt, wood chips and dust bunnies, we may not be the worst parents out there after all.

(And, KC, don't worry. When Xan was two weeks old, I accidentally didn't put the brakes on the stroller very well and it went careening into the middle of the road -- our road, a very busy road -- with him inside it. It's been over a year later and only now can I really write about it without major guilt of the mere possibility of causing him trauma. You're OK.)

1 comment:

KC said...

We were in a kiddy shoe store the other day and we had Jolie's shoes off to measure her gargantuan feet. She stuck one of her old shoes into her mouth and it was the SALESCLERK that had to take it out, exclaiming "those are dirty!" Is it just me, or are these people just overreacting? She puts FAR more dirtier things than that in her mouth! Dirt is inert, it's not some microbial-infested culture plate. Plus, it will just make her stronger and more indestructible. So, I'm thinking about having a weekly Worst Parenting Award post so that parents everywhere can feel better about themselves...