Monday, August 20, 2007

I am a film studies god

At least I tried to convince my new set of students of that yesterday, when I met the large majority of them at the University College kick-off. (Humorously, the Dean said that all of the professors in the program were tenured. Maybe he knows something I don't know? "Hey, folks, guess what? The Dean said I was tenured! It's all over with!! Woo-hoo!!!" Ah, if it was only that easy.) I'm excited by the new semester, and the group of students seem very cool -- and hey, without knowing it, one of them even cited as one of his favorite movies of the year a film that we'll be watching in class!

Anyway, I'm not claiming to be a real film studies god -- but I will get a chance to play on someone else's blog this coming weekend. Perhaps because of my participation in various blog-a-thons, I have been asked to participate in Stinkylulu's Supporting Actress Smackdown! (This month: 1971.) As it turns out, JJ will be participating as well, so we're currently going to shuttle videotapes back and forth. Yes, tapes. Wow. I'm excited to see how things turn out, myself. Tune in on Sunday!

No comments: