Thursday, August 23, 2007

Now that's what I'm talking about

If you would like to know what it's like to do my job sometimes, I would recommend reading this long, but scarily accurate posting about what it's like to go from a graduate student to a professor. I have felt much of this at many times and, from the comments, it also clearly resonates with other young professors.

A fun read, as we head pell-mell into back-to-school mode. (Gee, do classes really begin Monday? And gee, am I really leaving for Colorado a week from today? Wow...)

UPDATE: Gone, baby, gone -- the manuscript got sent out today. Will arrive in the midwest on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

growthisoptional said...

Thanks for the link to the post about the grad. student/prof. transition. I find myself in the unusual position of "wearing both hats" - this certainly does resonate.
ps...good luck on said manuscript!