Sunday, October 02, 2005

ZZ: Tops

Is this cute? It makes a professor's heart go pitter-pat.

My former TA, Dan Zak, now writes movie reviews for The Buffalo News; my other former TA, Emily Zemler, now works for Entertainment Weekly, doing something she hasn't quite told me yet. Though it seems she would be perfect for the "Going Five Rounds [of Drinks] with [Insert Rock Band with Cute Male Singer Here]" for the Listen2It section, I can only assume -- since she won't tell me -- that she gets coffee or something... and apparently, occasionally posts to the EW blog, PopWatch.

Nearly five years after having collided in my Critical Approach to the Cinema class and sparring every since (Quoting EZ, minutes before I was going to ask her to be my new TA: "I'm so angry that you chose Dan as your TA and not me!"), they collide once again as PopWatch lists Dan's review of Serenity in their humorous summary of review titles riffing on the movie title. OK, so Emily didn't write it -- still, it warms the cockles of my heart. Way to go, guys!

5 comments:

Russell said...

So nice to see everyone succeed while I get to play secretary.

Jerks.

Middento said...

In your defense, I remind everyone that I waited tables immediately upon graduation from college.

J.J. said...

Thanks for alerting me to the PopWatch link. I'll let Dan know.

Anonymous said...

What am I? Gefilte fish? I bet you shop at the jerk store. Jerk.

Middento said...

You heard it here first, folks: Grant is officially gefilte fish.