Monday, January 16, 2006

Before anybody asks...

No, I did not watch the Golden Globes tonight, although I did catch Hugh Laruie's inspired speech and the always carefree Emma Thompson. (And thanks to the HFPA website, I know Brokeback did mighty fine, as expected.) Why didn't I watch them?
  • Xan is just getting over a cold and I had to minister to him at one point. (Side note: This is his first illness. A cold at 9 1/2 months. I know how lucky we are.)
  • Classes start tomorrow and I needed to update something.
  • I need to write.
  • And I need to go to bed early to get up an an ungodly hour to make it for my 8:30 class.
  • Most importantly, Fox counterprogrammed with 24 and dammit if I haven't already been sucked in again. Let the Chloe fan club reconvene!!! Woohoo!!!!
Fear not, however. I will spend part of the day tomorrow trawling the Internet for evening gowns since, after all, that's what's important. (No, really. It's for the class later on movie stars. No, seriously, it is.)

No comments: